Saturday, October 20, 2007

Horses and ACU Homecoming Weekend

We started out our weekend by driving to Sweetwater on Friday night. I had a friend in town who is a horse trainer in Kerrville. He was doing a horse show there and asked if Brooke wanted to come ride. We jumped at the opportunity! Gerry was great with Brooke and allowed her to ride 'George'. On our way back, Brooke immediately called mom and told her all about it. Great memories!

Picture perfect

Brooke and Gerry

Ridin' with all smiles

Getting to know 'George'

Patiently waiting for the horses to finish eating.

We began Saturday by leaving the house at 9 and got home around 8:30. What a day! We went to the ACU Homecoming Parade and had a great time. Whitney, Morgan and Whitney's parents met up with us and the girls had fun catching all the candy that was thrown. Brooke and I then went to Brooke's soccer game and Kristen and Bryan joined us. We were down 4-1 and came back to win 7-4. Go Vipers! Our final game is next weekend. I have no idea what we will do with all that freetime now.

Brooke and Morgan at the parade

After Brooke's game, Kristen went with us to eat at Cracker Barrel. Brooke's choice. Brooke really enjoys Kristen and was saddened that Peter didn't come with her. Too sweet. We then went to the ACU football game. What a game! We ended up losing 41-31, but it was so good! The stadium was packed and crowd was good. I wish we could have pulled a win off, but we definitely showed West TX A&M that we weren't just going to give up. Go Wildcats!

Kristen and Brooke at Cracker Barrel.

Ashley holding Morgan and Brooke

After the game we then met up with Tabitha and Chase to eat. Tabitha was my mentor teacher for the first weeks of school. What an amazing teacher! I have been so blessed to have met her both as a colleague and a friend. Chase entertained Brooke with 'magic hands' and blowing the paper off straws, while Tabitha and I talked 'school.' Definitely a great end to such a busy and fun day!

After church and eating with Mom, Brooke came home and was quiet for a while in her room. I walked in and saw this...she was reading her Bible and an old book that Pat gave her to her baby. Too sweet!


Brooke reading the Bible and Pat's book to her baby

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Busy weekend! Too cute, Brooke reading to her baby. I like your song.