We just got home from the Abilene High football game. We played poor, but pulled off a win. Actually, it was Coach Warren's 100th win at AHS! It was neat to see all the signs in the stadium showing him congrats and support. Brooke started off the game with her pink pom-poms and yelling "Eagles!" (clap clap) OVER AND OVER AND OVER! She had enough energy for all of us tonight. She got to take her usual picture with the cheerleaders, but I believe Josh topped the highlight of the evening for her. Everytime that the defense would gather in front of us, Brooke would run down to the railing and yell "Josh, Josh." At one point, Josh actually turned around and waved to her. She was so excited and screamed, "He waved at me!" Too cute. Josh was kind enough to take a picture with her after the game. Something that we will cherish. Of course we couldn't go without drama. While walking out of the stadium, two boys decided to start fighting. I was trying to get us away from the action, but not until a plastic bag wrapped around my shoe...I tripped...then fell on Brooke. Oh boy! She scraped her knees pretty good and was crying pretty good. A policeman came over to us and said, "Are you abusing this girl?" I laughed while Brooke responded with a screaming, "I don't want to go with you!" The officer chuckled and said, "You don't have to go with me. I just came over to make sure that you were ok." I explained to him that I had just tripped while trying to get us away from the fight. That immediately got his attention and asked me to point out the kid in the fight...3 cops then surrounded the kid. I'm glad that I could contribute to a safer Abilene! I also had to talk to Brooke in the car and remind her that policeman help us. I think the knee was hurting too bad for her to pay attention.
It's bedtime now. We are going to participate in a Down Syndrome Awareness Walk in the morning, but that's about it. Hope all is well with everyone...










1 comment:
What a night! See ya Saturday, if not before then to get my ticket!
Post a Comment