Friday night was spent at the Abilene High playoff game against Weatherford. Of course we WON and that is always a joy! Saturday was spent at the ACU playoff game and we sweat to death. Ugh...that's Texas for ya! ACU WON and played a good game.
Sunday was spent getting ready for Matt. For those of you who haven't heard, here's some background on our story...
It's actually a story that only God could have a plan for. Two years ago I was in Casey's (friend from middle/high school) wedding and met Amy at the bachelorette party and wedding. Amy and I became friends on MySpace and I would occasionally look at her pictures that she had posted. I noticed one day that Amy had a picture up of her and a really good looking guy, so me and my nosy self just emailed her and asked who he was. She said that it was her brother who was stationed in Iraq. She stated that he loved getting emails, so for me to email him. Me and my bold, brave self DID IT! We had been emailing for a few months and he was able to take a leave when he got back from Iraq. He is stationed in Hawaii, but his family is in the DFW area. He visited his family for a week and then came to visit me last Sunday. That is where the story begins...
Matt pulled up to my house about 2 and we immediately hit it off. He has a great sense of humor, respectful and really knew how to make me feel like a queen. We had an entire afternoon and evening of fun! We went bowling, BW's for the Cowboys game, Fuji's for dinner, etc. Had a great time! We stayed up until 5:30 talking and then took a 2 hour nap, considering I had class in the morning and he had to drive to Lubbock.
On Tuesday he had planned to come back through Abilene and have lunch with me before he was headed back to DFW and I was going to Austin. I finished tutoring Aaron a little after 9 and immediately called Matt to see where he was, or if he had even left. He beat around the bush A LOT, claimed that he almost saw a wreck and then said that his mom was on the other line and that he'd call me back. Little did I know...he was waiting for me in my driveway as a SURPRISE! I loved it and there is nothing better than a true surprise! We spent the rest of the morning together, lunch and afternoon and time seemed to get away from us. It was too late for me to drive on the back roads to Austin, so we just decided to hang out the entire day. I couldn't have asked for a better day.
On Tuesday he had planned to come back through Abilene and have lunch with me before he was headed back to DFW and I was going to Austin. I finished tutoring Aaron a little after 9 and immediately called Matt to see where he was, or if he had even left. He beat around the bush A LOT, claimed that he almost saw a wreck and then said that his mom was on the other line and that he'd call me back. Little did I know...he was waiting for me in my driveway as a SURPRISE! I loved it and there is nothing better than a true surprise! We spent the rest of the morning together, lunch and afternoon and time seemed to get away from us. It was too late for me to drive on the back roads to Austin, so we just decided to hang out the entire day. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

We parted ways on Wednesday and I headed to Austin to help move Anne...or at least observe. I really wasn't much help, but I enjoyed the time with just the girls. Only wishing Brooke could have been a part of it. Anne's new apartment is extremely nice and in a very nice area...that is an understatement to say the least. We had Thanksgiving lunch at Black-Eyed Pea (ran into someone from Abilene...big surprise?!), spent over 2 hours at Wal-Mart and then dinner at Luby's. I feel sorry for the people that had to work, but I am so thankful they did.
Mom and I left Anne on Friday morning as mom was headed to Burleson and I was going to McKinney to spend the weekend with Matt. I met him at his mom's house and felt very welcomed. The 3 of us had lunch at Cheesecake Factory and then Matt and I spent the afternoon at the Dallas World Aquarium. What fun! I had a great time and really enjoyed the company I was with even more! Friday night we went to Amy and Justin's house (Matt's sister and brother-in-law) in Keller and Casey and Matthew met us there to all go out to eat. After dinner at Texas Roadhouse, we went back to Amy and Justin's to play Catch Phrase. Girls against Guys and the guys definitely dominated. It was a great time of laughter and competition.
Saturday we went back to McKinney for soup and sandwiches and Matt's brother, sister-in-law and 3 kids came over. Who knew I'd meet the whole family in 24 hours! I had a great time getting to know everyone. Matt and I then traveled back to Keller for dinner at Amy's. A weekend full of travel, but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way! Matt flew out of DFW at 5:45 Sunday morning, so we left Keller at 4 AM! To say the least, he rested on the plane and I went back to Amy's and slept.
Saturday we went back to McKinney for soup and sandwiches and Matt's brother, sister-in-law and 3 kids came over. Who knew I'd meet the whole family in 24 hours! I had a great time getting to know everyone. Matt and I then traveled back to Keller for dinner at Amy's. A weekend full of travel, but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way! Matt flew out of DFW at 5:45 Sunday morning, so we left Keller at 4 AM! To say the least, he rested on the plane and I went back to Amy's and slept.

Matt is everything and more that I have been praying for. He is an amazing Man of God who treats me like gold and I am very blessed that the Lord had a hand in us getting together. He is coming back to Texas on Dec 15th and will meet Brooke and my family at that time. I can't wait!
Jon allowed me to get Brooke at 2 on Sunday afternoon, which was a real blessing considering the weather was awful. We left Grand Prairie at 2 and arrived at home around 6:30. Crazy! The snow started about Gordon and by Ranger Hill I could hardly see due to the snow piling up on my windshield. I am thankful we made it home safe!
Whew! How was that for a Thanksgiving Holiday for you?! I hope everyone is ready for Christmas now...we sure are!



1 comment:
Ok, why haven't I ever heard about this guy before? I'll have to hear more when I talk to you.
Post a Comment