Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Lord, Please Keep Him Safe...


Our last night together...spent eating grilled cheese and watching American Idol!

As of 6:40 a.m. tomorrow, Bryan will be on his way to Afghanistan. I was hoping I wouldn't have to see this day come, but unfortunately I can't do anything about it. While I shed tears, Bryan is excited about going. He said it's like practicing for something for so long and never getting to do anything with it. His time has come and will be deployed for 6 months. He is truly someone special to me and I pray that he returns safely and soon. Please keep him in your prayers. I found this military wife's prayer that I wanted to share...

Give me the understanding
so that I may know,
when duty calls him, he must go.
Give me a task to do each day
to fill the time while he's away.
When he is in a foreign land
keep him safe in your loving hand.
And Lord, when duty is on the field,
please protect him and be his shield.
And Lord, when deployment is so long,
please stay with me and keep me strong.

I made this picture collage for Bryan and snuck it into one of his bags!

3 comments:

annalee said...

amen.
may God watch over him and y'all each day he is away!

Whitney said...

Ok, I need to be filled in! By the way, we're actually having a girl!

Leigh Ann said...

I will keep you guys in my prayers.