
Saturday morning was Brooke's soccer game and that's always a good laugh. I gave all the moms their shirts and they all loved them. Whew...pressure off! Brooke played a great game and got to kick the ball a couple of times. We played a team that was pretty rough and like to push a lot, so Brooke stayed in the clear most of the time...fine with me! The Vipers won their game and did a great job. Jon and his new wife drove in from Dallas for the game. Brooke was sitting by me when they showed up and Jon tapped her on the shoulder. She immediately buried her head in my leg and said, "I don't want to go to your house." Jon replied with, "You don't have to come to my house. I just came to watch you play soccer." Once Brooke was assured that she didn't have to go to his house, she game him a hug and was ok. I prayed all morning that our interaction would be pleasant...it was...we both kept our distance. Thank you Lord for answering prayers!!!
We then went to the ACU game on Saturday night and Brooke had a great time (as always) with Morgan. They played doctor with Brooke continuing to ask, "What can I do for you my lady?" Who knows where she came up with that one! They danced, got a picture with the cheerleaders and clung to Whitney's Mom. She's a great sport, especially with both kids not being able to decide if they want to sit, stand or wiggle.
Today we went to church and at communion Brooke got out a little wallet with some money in it. Mom or I usually give her a dollar to give to Jesus, but today she wanted to give her own money. She took out some of the money that she got from her birthday (a dollar, quarter and a penny) and put it in the collection plate. She turned around and said, "I did it!" I told her how proud I was that she gave her money to Jesus and she replied, "Yeah, it makes Jesus smile!" Amen. Sometimes I question myself if I could raise Brooke differently or do a better job. With comments like that, it just reaffirms that the Lord is smiling on me and saying, "Good job Shea."



1 comment:
Brooke is such a precious, well behaved, sweet little girl. You do a great job as a single mom. My mom was telling me Brooke was the Dr. and Morgan was the mom bringing her baby to the Dr. How creative!!!!! I'm stealing your picture for my blog.
Post a Comment