Sunday, December 9, 2007

Catching Up...

This is a conglomeration of lots of events lately. Sorry, with the end of school there isn't much time for blogging.

Last weekend we went to see Santa...twice! We ran by HEB to print some pictures out and they were taking pictures with Santa...great Santa too I might add!

Then we went to the mall and got a great picture of Santa there. That brought on many questions about Santa, too! I had to do a little explaining, but all is good and well now.


On Tuesday, I was inducted into Kappa Delta Pi, which is a national sorority among Educational Majors. That was fun and I was honored that I was able to be apart of it.

Me and Kristen after the ceremony

On Thursday I received a letter in the mail stating that I was chosen to receive the Abilene Retired Teachers Association Scholarship! It was in the amount of $1,500 and I was thrilled!!! The letter stated that they wanted me to attend a luncheon on January 8 to be honored for the award. Unfortunately, I will be in a January shortcourse class, so I won't be able to attend. Knowing that, I called the head person of ARTA and gave him the news. It turns out to be a bigger event than I initially thought. He stated that all the news crews are going to be at the luncheon and that Sam Nichols (local TV anchor) wants the 3 of us on his 5:00 news. Wow! I think I might have to just get notes from someone in class that day.


Friday Brooke went to her dad's for the weekend and I hope she is having a good time. I will get her at 4 today, Lord willing with the sleet/snow conditions. It is too quiet when she is gone, but it has been good to be able to get some projects done that are due this week.


Saturday I went shopping with Tabitha and spent the afternoon listening to Abilene High beat Lewisville and doing homework. Saturday evening, Chase and Tabitha picked me up for dinner and we went to Fugi's. Talk about fun! I always have a good time with them no matter what we do. I lived a little on the edge and decided to let the chef throw a shrimp in my mouth...I caught it...on the 2nd try! Don't you like the napkin?
Only one more week on school stuff. I am taking my PPR (2nd and final test for teacher certification) on Thursday and praying that I pass that with flying colors! I should find out my Student Teacher assignment this week. Everyone else found out last week, but I was one of four that they messed up on. They placed me in a 5th grade class and the state won't allow that since I am not certified in that grade. Oh well. I am being patient.

Only 6 more days until Matt is here (in Texas)! I can't wait, especially since this has been the longest 3 weeks. We have our plans (tentatively) for the 18 days that he will be here and we will enjoy every minute of it! Brooke can't wait for him to get here so that she can go ice skating!

Hope all is well and that you're getting cold weather, too!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Congratulations on your award. Let me know when you're on the news and keep me updated on Matt.