Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Wonderful New Beginnings

Yesterday was my first official day of work, which included New Teacher Orientation at....drum roll please....TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY! It was a really neat day and every district should take advice from Northwest. I definitely work for the BEST school district.

It all began with a HUGE welcome! We walked into the main entrance and there were two lines of administration employees that hooted, clapped and hollered us to Northwest. We had no clue what to do, except smile. We went up to the 9th floor where they had breakfast in the grand ball room. Very impressive...especially the view! We listened to a few speakers and then broke into groups on the 7th floor. We went back to the 9th floor for a
GOURMET lunch (another district around here served their new employees cafeteria food), but not before we were welcomed by an even larger line of hooting, hollering, clapping and high-fives! It felt so nice to know that they were happy for us and excited to have us.

After a few door prizes, which happened to be Mavericks tickets, Ranger tickets, teeth whitening, etc. that nobody at my table won...we took a group picture of all the new hires.


I'm PROUD to be part of "The best and most sought after school district in Texas!"


One more thing...

I received a call yesterday from Sam Pack's 5 Star Ford, which is the dealership that I bought my car from. They asked if I wanted to shoot a commercial for them and I jumped at the chance! It was today at 5:45, which I got there early because I wanted to see what to expect. Little did I know that it was such a big production. I was immediately told to sit in a chair and a make-up artist CAKED on some airbrush make-up for "HD TV." Not only was the make-up caked on, but she decided to put on an orange lipstick! She told me to look in the mirror real quick before I went on and I was just thinking...obviously make-up artists know something that I don't. They interviewed me for about 20 minutes, which went very smoothly. I was in and out in about 30 minutes...and got paid for it too!

I'm not sure when the commercial will air, but I will definitely let you know. It is to run for all of Sam Pack's dealerships...so keep tuned in to DFW TV!

1 comment:

Lindi said...

Your gonna be famous! How fun for them to ask you to be in a commercial. I want to go to hair and make-up everyday. :) And that orientation sounded like a blast. I'm so excited for all the great things going on in your life.

Lindi & Crew