Friday, December 28, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Christmas has come and gone, but the memories are priceless! We had a great time with friends and family and really enjoyed just being able to relax (at least I did)! We picked Anne up from the airport on Monday night and Brooke was so excited. Prior to Anne arriving, Brooke read the newspaper. You never know what she is going to come up with.

Brooke reading the paper, waiting on Anne to arrive.

Anne finally arrived!


When we got home from the airport, Pat read the Christmas story with everyone passing the bags on the word "man." We more than doubled the amount present last year. Last year it was me, Griffin and Blake. Fun, but it's always better with more! This year we had me, Brooke, Anne, Blake, Griffin, Justin and Heather. We had a good time and got Sonic gift cards in the end!

After reading the story, Brooke decided that she needed more attention. So she made up a story about baby Jesus (or Moses) and used the word "man" A LOT for us to pass a candle around. We were ready to talk about something else, so I said that was enough. She begged to tell one more story. Heather suggested it being a short story and Brooke responded with, "It's a short story, but I'm gonna tell it long." That was the phrase used most often on Christmas day...it gave everyone a good laugh.

The Princess



Santa Brooke


Baby Will and Brooke



Dale and Pat finding out that they are going to Napa Valley!


Heather and Justin


Emily, Will and Chase

Dale and Pat with the great-grands

The Girls

Blake, Anne, Griffin, Kristen and me after eating at Pizza King

Anne headed home Thursday and Brooke and I went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. Really cute and Brooke loved to recite it. I dropped Brooke off with Karla today until next Sunday. It will be a very long week, but I plan to do a lot of relaxing, shopping and having fun.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Looks like ya'll had a great Christmas! Where did Anne get that cute black and white paisley back she has in the picture? I want one!!!!!

Whitney said...

Sorry, I meant bag not "back."

annalee said...

i love brooke stories! i was cracking up at your girl.
fabulous k designs did my blog layout, but she doesn't do them anymore, so i don't know who else to suggest.